Monday, September 28, 2009

Cold. Wet. Tired.

So not surprisingly, I have already broken the promise...Which in a way is good. This give an opportunity to deepen my relationship with the stairs. By having failed at upholding my promise it forces me to evaluate why I choose to do something. Here is my analysis:

7:00 am, I overslept. I jumped out of bed to walk my dog(Lola) , meaning I went down 3 flights of stairs, to go to the park.Walked back up 3 flights of stairs.

3 pm, I took Lola for another walk. I started to notice that I was feeling really run down and tired. I just felt a little "out of it".

By 3:15pm my total "Flight Count" is 6 flights up and down.

3:30 I left to go to the train. 3 more down, plus the one for the subway. I realized I forgot something that I needed at my apartment. 1 flight up the subway 3 flights up to my apartment 3 flights down

Flight Count- 13 down 10 up

3:35 pm I was starting to feel sick. I know its probably the lack of sleep... But the whole time I was on the train all I could think about was the treacherous 9 flight climb ahead of mean. I started to debate the elevator.

4 pm 3 flights of stairs from train

Flight count- 13 down 13 up.

4:15 I took the elevator to the 9th floor!! I decided today I do not want to take the stairs. I don't feel well. I realized that I only slept about 3 hours last night and had only eaten toast and coffee all day. So tonight I plan to sleep earlier.

4:30 I take the stairs down 9 flights
Flight Count 21 down 13 up

(I went to something for my job so I left the building, but eventually had to come back to the same building and go to the 8th floor. Again I took the elevator up for the same reason)

With out needing to go further into the day- I have so far come to this conclusion:

On the days that I do not eat healthy and get enough sleep I take the elevator.

So now my promise has gone a little deeper. It is not just about saving energy. Taking the stairs has made me evaluate how I take care of my body.

My goal for the rest of today/tomorrow: Go to sleep earlier, eat a healthier breakfast. See how I feel about stairs tomorrow.

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment